Saturday, January 10, 2009

Weekend spending warning

Weekends can lead people to go a little crazy, because you're running errands and meeting up with friends or taking the kids out. To make this monthlong exercise a little more fun, I'm going to make a point of keeping a separate tally of just our weekend spending. Household bills aside, I bet we do 70% of our spending on Saturdays and Sundays. Let's see how it turns out.

Today my husband had to pick up milk, etc. at the store--and our sink is leaking so he had to buy a spud wrench, whatever that is, and some plumber's putty. He said he kept the receipts, but the only total he remembered was the groceries: $14-something. I thought that was funny: I guess we're so accustomed to tracking our grocery spending, we always file away that number.

No comments: